Chicken breast with lime, capeta, caipira or as it is called according to the region of the country. In my opinion it is the best lemon to use in soups. It is more acidic than the Sicilian lemon – although this one is more fragrant. Replace pink lemons with tangerines if you can’t find them.
Here are some instructions that help a lot when preparing the dish. In the recipe I explain how to prepare chicken scallops with the help of a kitchen hammer. It serves to break up the stringiness of the chicken breasts and make them tender.
The sauce has a sweet and sour taste with a good dose of anise or orange liqueur.
Servings: 4 servings
Preparation time: 20 minutes
- 1 whole boneless chicken breast (both sides)
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 3 garlic cloves
- 2 pink lemons (also called redneck)
- 3 tablespoons of canola oil
- 1/2 cup anise liqueur – I used Sambuca, but you can use orange juice like Cointreau or white wine.
- Salt to taste at the end
- Green sauce 3 spoons: in a blender, combine two cups of olive oil, two cups of parsley leaves, 2 spoons of salt.
- First, divide the chicken breast into two halves lengthwise. Then, put one of the halves on the board, put one hand on the piece of chicken and cut it in half, moving parallel to the board, until almost the end – it will not be divided into two parts. Cutting starts from the thinnest part to the thickest. Turn the chicken breast open onto the board, make three light cuts in the largest part – where the two parts are joined.
- Place the chicken fillet in a plastic bag or cover with plastic wrap and start beating gently to flatten the meat. The beater is a hammer with the function of breaking the fibers of the meat, it can be replaced by rolling. Start from the thickest to the edges. The fillet will double in size. Do the same with the rest of the piece. Soak them in water with the juice of half a lemon for half an hour.
- To make the sauce – heat two spoons of oil in a pan over low heat, add crushed garlic cloves. Then add the green sauce and the juice of half a lemon, and leave the lemon slices in the pan to brown as well. Add the grilled chicken fillets, soak in alcohol and, if necessary, a little water and lemon juice. Adjust salt and pepper to taste.
- In a very hot pot, brown the chicken fillet on both sides, sometimes they fall apart, it’s not good. While they are brown, transfer them to the pan with the sauce, remember that the meat will continue to cook in the pan, so do not touch it.
- Attention – do not cover the pan so as not to give water to the sauce – prefer to add a little water.
- Serve with rice or boiled potatoes.
+The best content in your email for free. Choose your favorite Terra Journal. Click here!