Chocolate chip cookies – Chocolate chip cookies are an American classic. It looks a little gross, but the taste and texture are very good.
These cookies are viewed by Americans as comforting, so-called soul-food – food for the soul, which we eat to drown the pain of boyfriend fights, job losses, the flu, and general sadness. That’s why chocolate chip cookies are the most popular cookie out there.
Everyone has their own chocolate chip recipe. Which means there are thousands of variations. The original recipe uses refined wheat flour and chocolate chips, which are called chunks in English. Since we don’t have chocolate bars for sale here in Brazil, and because I like it the most, I put big chocolate bars in the dough.
I made a cookie dough – and kept it in a bowl in the fridge. Then, after chilling the dough, I made six cookies. I left the rest in the fridge. I also used to make four pieces of dough a day, until the dough was finished.
When leaving the dough in the fridge I ended up trying different flavors of cookies, but not on purpose. I noticed that during the days the taste of the cookie changed because the dough grew with the rest of the time. And the flavors of the content deepen as they change. The taste of brown sugar of brown sugar has become milder, the smell of cinnamon has receded and it is only a fertilizer. And we got fresh cookies for five days.
Units: 16 units
Preparation time: 15 minutes
- 1 cup (100 g) all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon 2 g of powdered yeast
- 1 teaspoon 4 g of cinnamon
- 1/2 cup | 120 g of butter
- 1/2 cup | 80 g of white sugar
- 1/2 cup | 60 grams of sugar
- 1 small egg | 50 g
- 1 spoon | 8 g of vanilla essence
- 1 cup of chocolate | 100 g chopped bittersweet
- Preheat the oven to 200 botanyCelsius.
- The cookie is dark because of the dark brown sugar.
- Melt the butter, add the vanilla essence and wait for the mixture to cool.
- In a mixing bowl, combine the flour, salt, yeast and cinnamon. Mix butter, vanilla, and egg. Mix until you get a smooth mixture.
- Add the chopped chocolate, don’t worry about getting pieces of the same size. Then store the dough in the refrigerator for about two hours. If you prefer, you can leave the dough in the refrigerator overnight.
- Put a baking sheet with paper, and distribute small balls of dough, about three centimeters each. Remember to leave at least an inch or two between each ball of dough because the butter will rise as the cookie bakes. Bake for 10 to 12 minutes, then place on a wire rack to cool. Release them warm from the parchment paper.
To get fresh cookies, you can leave the dough in the refrigerator to bake a few cookies at a time instead of baking all the cookies at once.
+The best content in your email for free. Choose your favorite Terra Journal. Click here!