Serve a large loaf of bread for children’s meals or as part of a dessert. It can be either with short bread on the bottom, topped with ice cream and syrup or as a sandwich. This is my favorite method. One layer with biscuit, one with dulce de leche, one with Minas cheese, and on top of another biscuit.
The cookies in the following recipe are three inches in diameter, however they can be much larger. I like to make them four to six inches in diameter for a snack.
As for the pistachios, I used them because I had leftovers at home. But, shortbread can be sprinkled with any kind of chestnut, or with crystal sugar color.
Functions: 24 units with a diameter of 7 cm
Preparation time: 10 minutes
- For 24 cookies with a diameter of 7 cm or 36 units with a diameter of 5 cm.
- For a meeting
- 250g butter at room temperature
- 1 cup | 150 g of sugar
- 2 cup | 300 g of wheat flour
- 1 tablespoon grated lemon skin
- 1/4 cup | 60 ml of ice water
- Mix 1 egg with 3 spoons of water or tea
- 1 teaspoon pistachio seeds or chopped almonds
- Mix butter with sugar and flour until you get a soft mixture with the consistency of soft sand. Add the water little by little until the dough forms a ball. It doesn’t hurt if you have a little leftover.
- Roll the dough to a length of about three centimeters with the help of a rolling pin and cut. Then cut it in circles with the help of a cutter, it can be metal or plastic. Transfer the cookies to a baking sheet lined with parchment paper or as described with a silicone mat.
- Use a spatula or a long serrated knife to transfer the cut dough to the baking sheet.
- Bake for about 20 minutes in the oven preheated to 180 ° C (medium to high oven). After 10 minutes, turn the pan so the cookies are baked evenly.
- Serve these cookies with ice cream and chopped fruit.
To get the same golden surface, brush it with an egg and dissolve it in three spoons of water. You can also use any type of tea. The important thing is to pass this mixture through a sieve. So, the end result is good, and without the egg taste.
+The best content in your email for free. Choose your favorite Terra Journal. Click here!