For those who like simple cookies, the cook Lu Bonometti, from Casa Bonometti, teaches how to prepare homemade recipes with honey filling. Store in a good container for protection.
½ cup of sugar (100 g);
250 g of butter, at room temperature;
½ teaspoon of salt;
3 2/3 cups (tea) of wheat flour (450g);
1/2 cup of honey;
icing sugar to coat the cookies.
1. With the help of an electric mixer (if you have an electric mixer, use a flash mixer), beat the sugar and butter until you get a soft cream.
two. Gradually add flour and salt. If the dough is too heavy for your mixer, continue with a spatula or your hands.
3. Form into a ball, flatten slightly and wrap with plastic wrap. Place in the refrigerator for at least half an hour.
4. Preheat the oven to 180 ° C and roll the dough with the help of a rolling pin to a thickness of 0.5 cm. With a round lid (or lid) or a moon-shaped cutter, cut the dough.
5. To cut a dough into a moon shape using a round cutter, first cut a circle at the bottom of the dough you are opening, then raise the cutter to half of the first circle and cut again. The part of the second circle on top of the first will be in the shape of a moon. Take it out, put it on a baking sheet and keep moving the cutter up and cut in a row, always remember to remove each month when cutting, otherwise you will destroy the previous one and cut the next one.
6. Arrange the months on a baking sheet. It is not necessary to grease or leave a lot of space between the cookies.
7. Place in the oven for about 10 minutes. Remove when they start to brown.
8. Let them cool down and glue the cookies together with a little honey. Roll in icing sugar, being careful not to split in half.