One thing is the truth: sauce can change any or almost any food. If the food is good, the sauce can make it better, if it is good, the sauce can save it. Therefore, one of the traditional and beloved soup is tartar saucewhich is mostly used in meat.
That is one sauce based on mayonnaise, pickles or cucumber and lemon. It is served as an accompaniment to a variety of meals, but most often at a barbecue, with meat and quick snacks, such as French fries and onion rings. But the sky is the limit when using tartar sauce.
Anyway, below we will learn a simple recipe for tartar sauce, which is easy to make. Just in 15 minutes to prepare this soup Serves up to 4 people who love the soup.
Take the opportunity to also check the trick with ice cubes in barbecue meat.
Simple tartar sauce recipe
- First, to make tartar sauce, you need to cut pickles or cucumbers and onions. The goal is to chop a little to mix well in the sauce.
- Then, in a bowl, add mayonnaise, chopped pickles, onions and chives, mustard and lemon juice.
- Mix everything very well and if necessary adjust the taste with a pinch of sugar.
- Finally add black pepper to taste.
- Since the purpose is to serve the tartar soup cold, take the soup in the refrigerator for about 30 minutes.
tartar sauce tips
- This is a special sauce bright and fresh, and that will not measure your food. And barbecue garlic paste, which is even a recipe here too.
- Tartar sauce can be used with a variety of dishes, but it usually follows Grilled meat, fried fish, chicken fingers, seafood, raw vegetables, and salads. However, you can serve whatever you want. Check out 10 salad dressing recipes here.
- The most traditional recipe includes capers. If you want, you can enhance the sauce by including this ingredient, but it is completely optional.
- Lemon is important to ensure the acidity of the sauce.
- In fact, there are some types of tartar sauce that replace mayonnaise with sour cream. So if you don’t have one, you can use the other one.
- In addition, this sauce is very good with homemade hamburgers, which we have already taught you the recipe.
- This soup can be refrigerate for up to 3 days.
The truth about tartar sauce
- this is soup originally in French cuisine. There it is known as tartare sauce, and it does not go to mayonnaise. However, tartar sauce soon became popular and ended up taking other names and making some modifications of the original recipe.
- For example, in England, this The sauce has capers, pickles, lemon juice and dill. In the United States, the soup gets a bitter taste, which includes cucumber, onion and parsley. In other places too. The sauce has other ingredients, such as boiled egg and olives.
- At the beginning of the 20th century, this sauce was used with steak tartare. However, it is not known for sure whether the sauce named the dish, or the dish named the sauce.
- In fact, there are those who say that the name “Tatar” is derived from the name of a tribe from Ukraine and Russia, the Tatars.
Anyway, what do you think about this tartar sauce recipe? Take the opportunity to also see the recipe for guacamole in 10 minutes.
Source: All Art Recipes