Weekday dinner – it’s easy to put together. Between working all day, running errands, social obligations, and millions of other things on your to-do list, sometimes ordering supplies seems like the best option.
But all you need to eat better when you work are a few simple recipes – no long ingredient lists – to keep in your arsenal for those days when you’re craving something homemade not difficult.
Enter: Bertolli® d’Italia Sauces – they’re made in Italy, which means they’re the easiest way to add authentic, delicious flavor to any weeknight dinner. Our current recipe? Roasted Eggplant Rollatini with Bertolli d’Italia Marinara Sauce. It’s a real swoon-worthy dish with a recipe that’s easy to adjust and comes with just a few ingredients (many of which you should already have in your pantry).
See how to do it:
1. Gather your tools
You will need eggplant, ricotta, Parmesan cheese, garlic, basil, salt, pepper and your favorite vegetables – we like a mixture of onions, peppers and mushrooms. From there, you can add ground beef or shredded chicken, or keep it vegetarian with more vegetables or even lean meat. And most importantly, a pot of Bertolli d’Italia Marinara Sauce – a classic Italian dish made with quality ingredients such as tomatoes grown under the Italian sun, Mediterranean olive oil, herbs and garlic. Hmm!
2. Prepare everything
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees
- Cut the eggplants, sprinkle with salt and let them sweat for about 10 minutes.
- Pat the eggplants dry with a paper towel and put in the oven for 10 minutes to soften.
- Mix ricotta, parmesan, basil, salt and pepper in a medium bowl.
- Spread 1 cup of Marinara Bertolli® d’Italia Sauce on the bottom of a baking dish.
3. Cook and Enjoy!
- Meanwhile, cook your favorite vegetables in a little olive oil until soft.
- Add your meat, garlic, salt and pepper
- Once cooked, add the vegetable and meat mixture to the bowl with the ricotta mixture.
- Place a few tablespoons of meat and cheese mixture on each piece of eggplant.
- Roll them up!
- Place the eggplant rolls seam-side down on a baking sheet and cover with the remaining marinara sauce.
- Bake for 20-30 minutes, top with extra cheese and basil and enjoy!